Disco Bloodbath (by Harry J Bartlett)
Have a gander at my fashion blog(s) to see other looks and adventures;
PHOTOGRAPHY: Laura Campbell
Modelling for a university fashion film, a self-styled outfit based on the London Club Kids and the 90’s Clubland scene. The title ‘Disco Bloodbath’ was the name of James St James’ book (later adapted into the film, ‘Party Monster’.
Hey guys, lots have been going on at the moment, pretty hectic at university.
Our currant project is the “I Love…” project and i’ve decided to do a book on my theme of “Urban Youth Icons”, I will (hopefully) be creating 3/4 editorials throughout.
This image is one of my shots from “The Youth Of Today”.
Photography + Styling: Harry J Bartlett
Model: Olivia Keane
Makeup: Tom Selmon
Styling Assistant: Rhian Israel
Assistant: Liam Fuller
HJB x Carly Tati outside YSL @ Paris Fashion Week
I met Carly outside the Yves Saint Laurent show at PFW A/W13.
There was such an interesting array…
Books Are A Riot
Going back through my LOOKBOOK and I found this little image
I used to love playing around and experimenting with my images, I think I have forgotten about these sort of loves.
This image has re-inspired myself for my current uni project… Keep your eyes peeled !
London Fashion Week AW13 Day 4
A shot that appeared in ‘The Daily Fashion’ newspaper at London Fashion Week AW13
You can find more content on my blog(s):
Also, check out Marcus Dawes’ website at the events he has been snapping
LFW AW13: Day 5 Outfit
Photography: Jade ‘Fox’ Willis
You can see all of Fox’s exciting adventures at London Fashion Week and her other escapades. http://gildedfoxes.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/london-fashion-week-aw-13-street-style/
Sunglasses: Market Stall
Shirt: Vivienne Westwood
Jacket: Virgin Blak
Trousers: River Island
Shoes: Virgin Blak
Bag: Louis Vuitton
I found an article on menstylefashion.com about my style at London Fashion Week.
The article is written by the fabulous Gracie Opulanza and photography by Maria Scard.
Have a gander at the article and the rest of the website… There are some pretty exciting things to read:
Grey Suit – Pinstripe Shirts & Chunky Printed Ties
The grey suit has been a huge trend since the launch of James Bond last year. But this fine gentleman has taken it to a whole youthful level. And one that you guys need to embrace for 2013. Grey is a perfect basecolour to add too. You just need to decide your own colors, patterns you would wear to define your suit personality. Grey can be seen as a very boring. How ever this guy just shows us that if you think about right you can pull it off as being very stylish.
This colourful, exaggerated pinstripe shirt is what is making the grey suit look youthful. It just adds fun, personality to what can be seen as dull. It’s a perfect colour for those winter blue days.
Chunky Retro Ties
This tie just rocks. The prints and its width is why any man needs to get his neck around this growing trend. The combination of both tie and shirt has just completed his look and turns a simple vest into the modern businessman. Jobs are hard to come by and it’s all about standing out and being remembered.
It’s all in the finishing touches. Try on as many specs as you can to make sure it completes you overall look.
Grey Trench Coat
Wearing grey on grey can be very grim. Though due to all the added colorful shirt and the printed tie. He just clearly shows us it’s all about taking risks. In this case, well worth it.
Manbags & Shoes
The man and his bag were seen everywhere at London fashion Week and we are loving it. His white chunky shoes is why this gentleman defines menstylefashion. The Hair
He certainly knows what hair style works with his features and in this case his suit. Don’t skimp on cutting your own hair? Make sure you invest in a good hairdresser and products.
The 80s-influenced trench. Subscribers click here for more street style coat trends. http://goo.gl/eTKAo #menswear
Jonathan Daniel Pryce for WGSN street shot, London Collections Men
My friend spotted me on the WGSN tumblr page.
This image was taken London Collections: Men fashion event back in January, outside the Topman Design show.
This year was the first time I went to the LCM event and I had an incredible time, hanging out with David Gandy at the press event and champagne reception in which he announced his Comic Relief campaign: ‘The Blue Steel Appeal’ and then watching Zoolander at The Hospital Club in the private cinema room (more champagne and whisky)… I can’t complain !
Trilby: Virgin Blak
Trench Coat: Vintage Debenhams
Shirt: All Saints
Boots: Dr Marten’s
Harry J Bartlett x Felix McCabe
London Fashion Week A/W13 @ Somerset House
I was sent a link to this photo by my friend Flora who was one of the cast members I met when I was on Summer Daze with Blackberry last year.
It was one of her friends who had taken this photograph (and i’m glad he did).
Have a look at some of Felix’s other photos from London Fashion Week and other adventures here: https://www.facebook.com/FelixMcCabePhotos
Sometimes you find the odd photograph of yourself where you’re pulling a ridiculous face (please ignore the phone call pout)
This image was taken by Abbie Stern and you can check out her Facebook page by clicking the link bellow
In the ‘The Daily’ Fashion paper at London Fashion Week with Byron London
Jacket: Vintage from San Francisco (made from a real US Flag)
T-Shirt: Vivienne Westwood print by Sinthesis
Tartan Kilt: Charity Shop
Tartan Jeans: Camden Market
Boots: Dr. Martens
DAY2 Outfit @ London Fashion Week
Jacket: Virgin Blak
Shirt: All Saints
Bow Tie: Pop Boutique
Waiting to do my “5 Quick Questions” interview with Kate Nash (will be up soon)
PHOTOGRAPHY: Jack Codling
I have waited for the moment to interview Kate Nash for quite some time now, I remember asking her at September Fashion Week in 2012 if I could interview her and its only just happened (but I am so happy it did!)
Kate was an absolute dream to speak to, such a wonderfully polite and charming lady. It was honestly like talking to an old friend.
Kate, Myself and her PR were laughing quite a bit throughout the interview and Kate’s PR even yelled “You need a picture with this guy! He’s wearing a fucking kilt?!”
It was an absolute pleasure and privilege, though our time was short, I hope to meet up with Kate again, preferably a more social environment where we can have a cheeky drink and a gossip.
- HJB: What was you’re first interest in fashion?
- KN: Oh my god, like ever in the world?!
- HJB: Yeah what branched you out into what you do now?
- KN: My tutu from my ballet class when I was 7 [laughs], no i’m just kidding, I think basically when I was 16, it was the first time i’ve ever bought a dress that I put on and it made me feel good about myself. I feel that when I was growing up, I wanted to change my body to fit clothes and I always hated myself. Then this one vintage dress I bought made me go “oh wow! This actually flatters me?!” and that was a really important revelation. If you don’t figure that out; A, you don’t dress very well and B you’re not very happy in what you’re wearing. So that was the first time I remember thinking “Oh, this is how i’m supposed to feel?”
- HJB: From the start of your music career when Made Of Bricks came out up to now, how would you say your personal style has changed?
- KN: When my first record came out I was super girly and I loved being sort of cute and then with my second record, I felt insecure that people didn’t take me seriously enough because I was girly, so I felt like I had to wear a leather jacket all the time and be super tough. With my third album, I feel like i’ve got a good mix of the two. Sometimes, if I wanna look like a doll, I don’t mind and then other times I wanna look a bit harder and thats fine as well. I’m a lot more comfortable with myself now and being a bit older, you care less about that and now i’ve been educated more about designers and before that, I found Fashion Week to be really intimidating to me and I didn’t feel like it was somewhere I belonged and now it’s something I actually enjoy. There’s designers I really like and i’ve learnt a lot about the creative side of it.
- HJB: If you could be the face of any brand [gasp from Kate], who would it be and why?
- KN: [Without any hesitation] Chanel!
- HJB: For what reason?
- KN: Because it’s Chanel!
- HJB: This will probably be the same answer, but if you could only wear one designer for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?
- KN: Oh Harry, that’s a difficult one! Oh I don’t know do I? Erm… Shit! I don’t feel like I could answer that, I don’t even think i’m qualified to?! [laughs] Maybe I should just go with Chanel again, because, well, it’s Chanel like I said before.
- HJB: If you could describe you’re personal style in three words, what would those words be?
- KN: Childish, Granny and Moody because I am very mood-dependant.
Meeting Kate truly brought and end to such an amazing first day.
Kate, if you’re reading this, lets go shopping then head to a bar !
Photo: Jack Codling
London Fashion Week DAY1
Here’s my DAY1 outfit from London Fashion Week.
This season was the 3rd time i’ve been and this year I was there as an independant blogger
thenormcanconform.wordpress.com + thenormcanconform.tumblr.com
It was great to be back and I met some incredible people this year.
Check out my blogs to see what i’ve been getting up to and also check out who i’ve been meeting along the way.
You can also keep up to speed with me on twitter + instagram @HarryJBartlett for more of my adventures.
P.S. sorry for the lack of posting, i’ve been major busy !
PHOTOGRAPHY: Elliot Baker