DAY4 Outfit in The Fashion Daily… Two Days In A Row !
I was pleasantly surprised to find this image inside the London Fashion Week ‘The Daily’ newspaper as I wandered into Somerset House for another day of networking, shows, champagne receptions and everything in between.
What i’m wearing:
Grey Beanie: Topman
Coat: Vintage (I think it may be from Debenhams)
Grey: Suit Jacket/Waistcoat/Trousers: Topman
Tie: Gianni Versace - Vintage
Shoes: Dr. Marten’s
Bag: Louis Vuitton
Follow my twitter & instagram: @HarryJBartlett
Finally back home after a ridiculously busy time at the London Fashion Week A/W13 collections.
As hectic as it was, I had quite a nice time just meandering around this year and actually getting chance to check out the exhibition rooms and designer showcases rather than running from one show to another hoping to get in.
This year was the first year where I also was credited for my own blog rather than working for a team (or just hoping to sneak in places) so it made quite a nice change.
A quick brief on highlights, I was at the Vivienne Westwood show, I interviewed Kate Nash (which I have been waiting to do for a while now), I met Zandra Rhodes (briefly) and I went to a few after parties.
All in all this season was a success.
Make sure you keep up to date with my blog as images from shows, people i’ve met, things i’ve been up to and everything in between shall be getting added fairly soon.
Thanks for following guys (you all helped me get this pass)
For those of you who may not have heard of Willam, he was one of the stars of RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 4 and he made a real storm in the competition, hilarious statements, witty comebacks, brilliant reading and the controversial ‘What did Willam do?!” which was the talk of the show after he was disqualified from competition. Others may know him as 1/3 of the “Chow Down (at Chick-Fil-A) Queens, a brilliant parody to Wilson Phillips’ Hold On in which Willam (accompanied by Detox and Vicky Vox) sing a satirical protest/advertisement of the Chick-Fil-A fast food chains discrimination towards homosexuality. Willam has done it all; singing, drag, an actor in both film and television and an overall entertainer.
- HJB: Being an actor and Drag Queen/Female Impersonator, what was it that drew you towards fame?
- WB: I love free stuff. Free pizza, free shoes, etc. People give you money to perform too and that’s really the ticket too sometimes. I do drag because sketching on paper wasn’t enough anymore. It’s just a form of art (but imagine me holding the makeup brush like Terry Schiavo lol).
- HJB: Watching you on RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 4, I noticed you had a lot of designer outfits, these included; Versace & Vivienne Westwood. Why do you feel fashion is important to you and what draws you to an item of clothing/accessory the most?
- WB: It’s intimidating to most people so I wear it as a sort of armor and badge. Most of my designer stuff is on sale or gifted from pantysniffers or on loan.
- HJB: If you had to describe your style in 3 words, how would describe your drag persona and your day-to-day attire?
- WB: Polished Whore Clown
- HJB: What are your 3 big tips to style an outfit correctly?
- WB: Make sure the shoes match. BLACK DOES NOT GO WITH EVERYTHING GODDAMMIT. Get a good day bag in a statement color. Don’t wear panties or stocking that leave lines underneath a garment. It ruins any sort of clean line and illusion. Also to see what not to do- check out Willam’s Beatdown every Friday here. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNPL3cfGC9BgfWDoq9rb2-mjO-z9I-7d3
- HJB: If you could only wear 1 designer for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?’
- WB: Balmain’s sense of luxury while remaining in touch with the street is the utmost of everything to me
- HJB: Finally, is there anything you wish to plug?
- WB: Get my album at www.willambelli.com/shop and follow the shitshow that is Willam on twitter @willambelli
listening to this song over and over as I update my blog and edit my photographs (as per I apologise for the delays).
I seriously recommend listening to this song and checking out his other stuff, he’s one to look out for.
A slightly garish picture of myself at the Handpicked Media Lounge at London Fashion Week, sampling a gold body chain that I was kindly gifted by the New Look PR team.
If you fancy checking out some more details of the #HPMLFW event, check out the fabulous blog of my friend Diana (she’s got a lot of amazing things going on and you don’t want to miss out on her escapades)
Hey everyone, if you use wordpress at all, feel free to follow THE NORM CAN CONFORM on there too, i’ve just started it so it’s pretty bare at the moment but continue with posts as frequent as the tumblr blog.
Thank you all